My Journey with iOPEX

 



I would like to share my reflections with you about my journey at iOPEX. I am a regular guy with simple expectations. When I joined iOPEX a decade ago, as a telecaller, I was not in a great place in my career and was drifting aimlessly. Little did I know that life would rapidly change, in 11 years I have traversed in different incremental roles across a range of domains. 

 

I realize that it is natural to assume my statement that life rapidly changed as a cliché, but it isn't. As I said, I have worked with different teams and managers I learnt to adopt, adapt and be open-minded to change. This has helped me, not just in my career also in my personal life. As I set out to make a career in iOPEX, I understood it is imperative to stay relevant, as it hugely helps to enhance one's value and the organization. 

 

I have had the opportunity to work directly with the top management of the organization which was when the metamorphosis of my career, vision, and goal was complete. Everything that I am today and have achieved was possible because of the support that I have received from the management and my colleagues. When my peers, colleagues, and friends moved in different directions, I chose to chase my dreams at iOPEX, and I was never let down. 

 

While it all seems perfect and rosy from the outside, none of this happened overnight. The endless efforts, hard work, going the extra mile are the foundation on which my career is built. For those of you who are wondering what I am now in iOPEX, I am a Program Manager at iOPEX UK. While I have miles to go and great heights to reach, I see this as the first stepping stone for someone who had a humble beginning.

 

The simple motto that I live by was given to me by one of my mentors at iOPEX, "Keep your head down and do your work, Saba. Your work will never go unnoticed and things will happen. Trust the process and the management." I am sure this would apply to every one of us. If this helps at least one person to make better career choices, then I believe the motto of this article is served.