My Success story with iOPEX

 






3000+ odd days, close to 9 years. . That is how long I have been with iOPEX, when I look back it feels like, yesterday was my first day here and can’t believe 9 years had gone by. For folks who do not know me, I’m Manikandan Sivaraj — from Enterprise Operations — NOC, started my career @iOPEX as a System Engineer and currently working with 30+ aspiring talents, responsible for Service delivery & Customer relations for 4 accounts/Teams in our NOC division. This is my Success story.

 

THE BEGINNING: “Begin anywhere” – John Cage

 

Like most of you, I too migrated to the State Capital, SINGARA Chennai from a small village in Villupuram (whose name you would not have heard) after my Engineering graduation filled with hopes, dreams & responsibilities ahead of me. Trying to pocket, a job back in those days was not easy. Being the 1st graduate in the family there was not much guidance or people to look up to and follow their footpath.

 

Luckily, I started my career in a Support role for Microsoft Platform in a small size company not too late after graduation. Learned a great deal and after spending 2 years there, it was time for a change.

 

THE JOURNEY: “I never lose. Either I win or learn” – Nelson Mandela

 

              I remember my first day as it was yesterday. Since then, iOPEX had been a HOME away from home. iOPEX gave me the exposure to the Technology world, and it has been a great learning from there on. As I write this story, I recall all the joyful days, long nights at office burning the midnight oil (before I got married.) , HUGE cafeteria with the size of a basketball court, Table tennis and carrom matches. Not to forget, first success & appreciation, first failure and hard days, the learning and experience it had given me over the years, the diverse group of people with whom I have worked with, Peers who are more than just friends and mentors who have supported me all along, providing the opportunity to explore new things every day and learn from it. I truly doubt that I would have had similar experience/career path, had I joined elsewhere. iOPEX has evolved over the years, and anyone who is with us for quite some time will agree with me on this. I truly believe that the new age iOPEXians will have all the same/even much better experience @iOPEX.

 

               In today’s overblown world, where switching jobs every frequently is normal and when your friends and relatives ask you “When are you changing the job? Why stay so long? And so on. . “I’ve always had the answer to give them. It is the CULTURE & VALUE we have here at iOPEX, the OPPORTUNITIES we get, the SPACE to work your ideas and thoughts than just following the routine, the RECOGNITION for your contributions, employee CARE, the WORK-LIFE BALANCE, the Platform to Learn, freedom to chase your passion and find your Strengths and build on it. Perseverance is all you need.

At iOPEX I did not find a JOB, I built a CAREER. I wish the same to all iOPEXians.